I realize that starting a blog and keeping up with a blog is an ambitious task - for anyone. In order for me to keep myself from getting overwhelmed with all of the projects I have going on, I've come to realize that writing a blog isn't "adding" to my workload, but simplifying it in a lot of ways.
A blog a day is extreme for me. There are days where I literally start at 5:30 am and don't stop working until 9:00 pm. Is it realistic to give myself the expectation of blogging daily? Absolutely not.
So, I've decided to create a blog for what purpose, then?
1. Reach out to clients and potential clients
2. Utilize the web to get my name and website in search engines (META tags, here I come!)
HOW WILL I ACHIEVE THIS:
1. Blog sneak peeks instead of just posting them on FB
2. Record progress and lessons learned
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter, and G+
I think that is manageable. If I keep it simple, I can do this. I love photography. I love photographing high school seniors, and children and couples and I love travel photography. I want my business to SUCCEED. I don't seek international fame, but I would like to keep my children fed, spend quality time with them, and I want to be able to travel to see my boyfriend who is overseas. I. Can. Do. This.
Here we go!
SELF BUSINESS LESSONS:
I found this GREAT blog post from Jill Evenhagen about keeping track of your workflow and utilizing a diary (calendar). I already use a calendar - it's a must have for me. However, I've never taken the time to actually write out exactly what my workflow is. Seems simple, right? "Why didn't I think of that?!"
Portraits (From Headshots to MultiGenerational Groups) Workflow -
1. Pre-session meeting with client
2. (sign contracts) - I need to start doing this. I know that it will save me potential damages in the future. It is at the top of my to-do list
3. Book Session (50% non-refundable)
4. Send "Preparing for Your Session" email (within 24 hours of payment receipt)
5. Session (Remaining 50% is due at the beginning of session)
7. Sneak Peek Blog (This is new! I want this to work!)
8. Gallery Posted
9.Post-Session meeting with client
10. Confirm Order
11. Send Thank you